Caring for Others
Wallingford Presbyterian Church seeks to be of compassionate service. Here on the corner of Brookhaven and Avondale Roads, we believe that we are called to servant ministry. Our neighbors, right next door and around the world are our concern because they are the concern of Jesus Christ.
Compassionate ministries within the congregation include:
- Pastoral care including hospital and home visitation, home communion, bereavement care and spiritual counsel and direction offered by our clergy staff including the Rev. Dr. Suzan Hawkinson, Pastor and The Rev. Dr. Kenneth Wells, Pastor of Visitation
- Visitation, meal preparation, transportation assistance and emergency aid offered by our Board of Deacons and Deacon Helpers
- Lay ministry care and visitation offered by our trained Stephen Ministers
- Prayer support offered by our Prayer Chain Team
- Monthly small group support offered through our Separated/Divorced Support Group and Caregiver’s Support Group
If you are in need of caring companionship, someone to talk to and pray with, or help with a burden, you are invited to call upon us to help by contacting the church office at 610-566-1644.
Perhaps there has been a change in your life: a death in the family, your youngest child has left home, or you recently sold your home and moved into a life-care community. Changes happen to us everyday – some difficult, some planned, some unforeseen. A STEPHEN MINSTER will offer to listen and care while you sort through whatever might be a tough transition for you. As part of this care, your Stephen Minster keeps your relationship strictly confidential.
If you would like to know more about this lay ministry, call the church office at (610)-566-1644 extension “0″ or email a Stephen Ministry Leader.
“You Are Not Alone” Support Group
This group is for those who are separated or divorced. Every month a group of fellow souls, who find themselves making a journey through the hazards and mercies of marital separation gather for friendship, learning and support. Various topics are discussed and are often led by a speaker. Please join us.
For further information, see the “Events” page, check the Calendar or call the church office at (610)-566-1644 extension “0″.