125th Anniversary Update – December 2, 2016
In the 1950’s and 60’s more new homes were built in Nether Providence and our church flourished and started to burst at the seams. In 1970 the most recent addition to the building was started. The sanctuary was extended one more window and instead of the entrance being at the back of the church, the Narthex was added. At the same time the Sunday School wing was extended to include room #1, the church office and the two offices for the pastors. Classrooms, the former choir room and nursery were added in the lower level. No further additions to the exterior of the church have been made since 1970. The interior has changed with room #1 being divided to make an office for the director of music and the copy room, the choir room taking over the remainder of room #1. In 2005 the chancel was extended, reconfigured to have more flexibility and an electronic organ replaced the pipe organ.