Thank you to all who helped pack food for Stop Hunger Now – May 3, 2015
MANY thanks to the MANY hands who helped pack 10,800 meals on Sunday, May 3rd. The whole event lasted just under two and one half hours – amazing!
Special thanks to:
- The seven crews of five that loaded in the nearly 1600 pounds of food stuffs and gear that goes into an event like this,
- The eight scale workers who made sure each packet had the right amount of food in it,
- The eight sealers who sealed the pouches,
- The six people on the two packing crews who boxed up the meals and readied them for shipment,
- The three kids who served as runners hustling the filled pouches from assembly to the scalers,
- The dinner crew who prepped the salad and managed the pizza AND cooked up the rice soup so we could get a sense of what the final product tasted like.
- And LaToya, from Stop Hunger Now, who led all of us and inspired us with her stirring message about the challenges of hunger and the successes the program fosters.
If you want to see yourself at work, click here, or click on the Stop Hunger Now picture at the right side of the web page.
We plan to do this again in the fall and are looking a date that fits with the church calendar and the congregation’s availability.
Thank you all for your support of this important global mission effort.
The Mission and Service Committee